- Improvements in 5.1:
- Main application: The initial configuration screen for StudioMatch is now worded more clearly than in previous versions.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. (OSX 10.8 or later only). Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications (OSX 10.8 or later) as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- Main application: Calibration of “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, no longer produces progressively reduced gamut on each calibration.
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could, in some rare cases, crash if the Colorimeter window was opened immediately after launch, and closed without taking a measurement.
- Main application (Spanish): The Full Screen button in SpyderProof is now wider, to accommodate the translated text and prevent it from being clipped.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
- Display Analysis: On systems with “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, measurements no longer result in additionally reduced gamut.
- New Features in 5.1 with the optional “+” Upgrade:
- SoftProof: Advanced functionality in the main application, lets you open, preview, and “SoftProof” JPEG and TIFF files, using various ICC profiles such as printer profiles.
- 1-Click Calibration: SpyderUtility menu commands provide a “quick” launch directly to the “place sensor” calibration screen in the main application. Once calibration is complete, the main application quits automatically. A fast, easy way to recalibrate a screen with minimal UI. (For a display to be enabled for One Click Calibration, it must be previously calibrated by the main application, as One Click Calibration picks up and uses the last calibration settings).
- Room Light Switching: The main application creates a set of 3 profiles for low, medium, and high ambient room light. SpyderUtility then switches between these automatically as ambient light conditions in your room change. (Profiles created as a set, in this mode, are named automatically, and you must keep the Spyder5 sensor connected for profile switching to occur).
- Enhanced StudioMatch: An extra set of SpyderTunes screens, following calibration of multiple displays, let you further tweak for an improved visual match.
- Profile Management: Advanced functionality in SpyderUtility lets you identify and switch the display profile for your screen(s); as well as rename, duplicate, delete, and show on disk.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution