- Improvements in 5.1:
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
- New Features in 5.1 with the optional “+” Upgrade:
- 1-Click Calibration: SpyderUtility menu commands provide a “quick” launch directly to the “place sensor” calibration screen in the main application. Once calibration is complete, the main application quits automatically. A fast, easy way to recalibrate a screen with minimal UI. (For a display to be enabled for One Click Calibration, it must be previously calibrated by the main application, as One Click Calibration picks up and uses the last calibration settings).
- Room Light Switching: The main application creates a set of 3 profiles for low, medium, and high ambient room light. SpyderUtility then switches between these automatically as ambient light conditions in your room change. (You must keep the Spyder5 sensor connected for profile switching to occur)
- Profile Management: Advanced functionality in SpyderUtility lets you identify and switch the display profile for your screen(s); as well as rename, duplicate, delete, and show on disk.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution