Spyder5PRO 5.1 MacOS
Posted by Carsten Tschach on 29 June 2017 09:27 AM
- Improvements in 5.1:
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. (OSX 10.8 or later only). Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications (OSX 10.8 or later) as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- Main application: Calibration of “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, no longer produces progressively reduced gamut on each calibration.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
- Display Analysis: On systems with “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, measurements no longer result in additionally reduced gamut.
- New Features in 5.1 with the optional “+” Upgrade:
- 1-Click Calibration: SpyderUtility menu commands provide a “quick” launch directly to the “place sensor” calibration screen in the main application. Once calibration is complete, the main application quits automatically. A fast, easy way to recalibrate a screen with minimal UI. (For a display to be enabled for One Click Calibration, it must be previously calibrated by the main application, as One Click Calibration picks up and uses the last calibration settings).
- Room Light Switching: The main application creates a set of 3 profiles for low, medium, and high ambient room light. SpyderUtility then switches between these automatically as ambient light conditions in your room change. (You must keep the Spyder5 sensor connected for profile switching to occur)
- Profile Management: Advanced functionality in SpyderUtility lets you identify and switch the display profile for your screen(s); as well as rename, duplicate, delete, and show on disk.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution