- What’s Fixed in 5.3:
- High Sierra-specific fixes: (OSX 10.13 or later; previous versions of OSX were unaffected):
- Main application: No longer results in an incorrect calibration table being loaded upon quitting.
- Main application (“+” only): No longer results in an incorrect calibration table being loaded after building an Automatic Room Light Switching profile set.
- Display Analysis: No longer results in an incorrect calibration table being loaded between tests.
- SpyderUtility (“+” only): Automatic Room Light Switching now works correctly.
- SpyderUtility (“+” only): Profile Management: selecting and switching to a different display profile now works correctly and loads the proper calibration table.
- Other fixes:
- Main application: Fix for bug in which calibration would fail when running on a system which didn’t have a Library:ColorSync:Profiles folder in the user’s Home folder. This folder will now be created if it doesn’t exist.
- Display Analysis: No longer crashes when cancelling from tests.
- What’s Fixed in 5.2:
- Main application: When naming and saving a profile immediately after calibration: if there are double-byte characters in the profile name, these are now stripped/removed from the name and you’ll be warned this has happened. If at least one character remains in the profile name, it will be saved with the modified name. If the entire name was double-byte characters, you’ll be prompted to start over and enter a new profile name. (Previously, the presence of double-byte characters in a profile name would cause problems, such as non-working profiles or crashes).
- Main application Elite+: On a small enough screen (such as a 13” MacBook Pro), with the Dock on the bottom of the screen and scaled large enough, the Soft Proof dialog would be sized too large for the screen, and also shifted down. The controls (including the Close button in the lower right corner) were pushed off the bottom of the screen; not available; and the Soft Proof dialog was too large to move up, so it could not be closed. The existence and size of the Dock are now taken into account when the Soft Proof dialog is created, and a smaller version is used to prevent this from happening, if necessary.
- Main application Elite+: CMYK-format TIFF/JPEG image files are now specifically excluded from being added to the file list in Soft Proof. (In the 5.1+ version this wasn’t disallowed, but CMYK isn’t supported and the resulting image displayed would have the wrong colors).
- Main application: The Help button was removed from the Preferences dialog, since content wasn’t being loaded into the Help viewer window if it came up behind Preferences. If you want to read Help for Preferences, use the main Help menu item instead.
- Display Analysis: When printing a report, the Page Setup dialog is now shown every time, so that you can select a paper size/shape and also the printing margins. (Previously, you would need to go into File:Page Setup for this to happen).
- SpyderUtility+: Profile Management was showing incorrect profile creation dates, in certain situations, when a profile was selected in the list. Profile creation dates are now shown correctly.
- Improvements in 5.1:
- Main application: The initial configuration screen for StudioMatch is now worded more clearly than in previous versions.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. (OSX 10.8 or later only). Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications (OSX 10.8 or later) as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- Main application: Calibration of “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, no longer produces progressively reduced gamut on each calibration.
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could, in some rare cases, crash if the Colorimeter window was opened immediately after launch, and closed without taking a measurement.
- Main application (Spanish): The Full Screen button in SpyderProof is now wider, to accommodate the translated text and prevent it from being clipped.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
- Display Analysis: On systems with “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, measurements no longer result in additionally reduced gamut.
- New Features in 5.1 with the optional “+” Upgrade:
- SoftProof: Advanced functionality in the main application, lets you open, preview, and “SoftProof” JPEG and TIFF files, using various ICC profiles such as printer profiles.
- 1-Click Calibration: SpyderUtility menu commands provide a “quick” launch directly to the “place sensor” calibration screen in the main application. Once calibration is complete, the main application quits automatically. A fast, easy way to recalibrate a screen with minimal UI. (For a display to be enabled for One Click Calibration, it must be previously calibrated by the main application, as One Click Calibration picks up and uses the last calibration settings).
- Room Light Switching: The main application creates a set of 3 profiles for low, medium, and high ambient room light. SpyderUtility then switches between these automatically as ambient light conditions in your room change. (Profiles created as a set, in this mode, are named automatically, and you must keep the Spyder5 sensor connected for profile switching to occur).
- Enhanced StudioMatch: An extra set of SpyderTunes screens, following calibration of multiple displays, let you further tweak for an improved visual match.
- Profile Management: Advanced functionality in SpyderUtility lets you identify and switch the display profile for your screen(s); as well as rename, duplicate, delete, and show on disk.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution