- What’s Fixed in 5.5:
- Improvements in graphics and cosmetics
- Assorted internal improvements and bug fixes.
- What’s Fixed in 5.3:
- Main application: When running in Windows 10 build 1709 or later, fixes a problem in which the calibration just performed does not take effect.
- What’s Fixed in 5.2:
- Main application: When naming and saving a profile immediately after calibration: if there are double-byte characters in the profile name, these are now stripped/removed from the name and you’ll be warned this has happened. If at least one character remains in the profile name, it will be saved with the modified name. If the entire name was double-byte characters, you’ll be prompted to start over and enter a new profile name. (Previously, the presence of double-byte characters in a profile name would cause problems, such as non-working profiles or crashes).
- Main application: A few miscellaneous spelling/translation problems were fixed.
- SpyderUtility (background operation): The “GammaTracker.cpp” error alert will no longer appear. In the past, this could happen at various times: waking from sleep, hibernation, switching graphics cards on laptops with dual cards. If you’d disabled SpyderUtility from launching automatically on startup or login to prevent these alerts, we recommend leaving it enabled after installing the 5.2 version. SpyderUtility ensures that the calibration curves in the video card of a WiIndows system are loaded on system startup and it will actively keep them loaded while you’re using your system.
- Improvements in 5.1:
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution