- What’s Fixed in 5.2:
- Main application: When naming and saving a profile immediately after calibration: if there are double-byte characters in the profile name, these are now stripped/removed from the name and you’ll be warned this has happened. If at least one character remains in the profile name, it will be saved with the modified name. If the entire name was double-byte characters, you’ll be prompted to start over and enter a new profile name. (Previously, the presence of double-byte characters in a profile name would cause problems, such as non-working profiles or crashes).
- Main application: A few miscellaneous spelling/translation problems were fixed.
- Main application: The Help button was removed from the Preferences dialog, since content was not being loaded into the Help viewer window if it came up behind Preferences. If you want to read Help for Preferences, use the main Help menu item instead.
- Improvements in 5.1:
- SpyderUtility: Now displays a notification when it’s first launched, which also tells you if the Spyder5 is connected or not. (OSX 10.8 or later only). Can be optionally disabled in SpyderUtility:Preferences:General.
- SpyderUtility: Now displays “What’s New” information from Datacolor, using both notifications (OSX 10.8 or later) as well as a new “What’s New” menu command to manually display the information.
- What’s Fixed in 5.1:
- Main application: Fixed a problem that could cause the monitors database to be downloaded on each launch (with progress indication).
- Main application: Fixed cosmetic problems with some of the graphics on assorted screens, where dark bar edges could appear on the right and/or bottom.
- Main application: Calibration of “small gamut” displays, such as certain MacBook Air models, no longer produces progressively reduced gamut on each calibration.
- SpyderUtility: In its Preferences dialog, the Cancel button now works correctly.
Minimum System Requirements
) USB port
) 24-bit video card
) Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
) Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, Windows 10 32/64
) Color monitor with at least 1280x768 resolution